- Wells Fargo Advisors -- 2 years
- Frank Wealth Management -- 1 year
- Huntington Bank -- 6.5 years
- $44M in assets under management
- Responsible for 3 retail branches
- Assistant manager for 18 months
- FPA Northeast Florida Board Member
- Member of XY Planning Network
- Member of NAPFA
- Finance Advisory Council at University of North Florida
Helping clients simplify the complexities of their personal finances in a meaningful way is what drives Scott and his business. Ever since he witnessed the stressful effect the dot-com market crash had on home life as a kid, Scott wanted to break into the financial services industry to help other families avoid the same financial regrets his Dad and Mom suffered. After completing his BS in Finance at Miami University in 2006, Scott hasn't looked back and has been giving sound financial advice to clients ever since.
After nearly 10 years of working for large financial institutions, Scott started Mellen Money Management in 2016 with the purpose of providing conflict-free advice, while emphasizing the financial impact of life transitions on household finances. However, Scott's desire to help a group desperate for good advice compelled him to leverage his expertise in areas that have been underserved in the financial planning industry -- student loans and college planning. Our country is currently saddled with $1.4-trillion in student loans. Unfortunately, it's an elephant in the room most of us have ignored for too long. Rather than bury his head in the sand, Scott made a conscious decision to help young professionals and families manage the burdensome costs of college. For most, paying for a higher education is competing with other financial priorities, and juggling all those pieces is a daunting task for anyone that is unprepared. Everyday problems like saving enough for retirement, having money set aside for a rainy day, or buying a house.
To put this issue into perspective, the amount of money required to pay off student loans, especially for professional degrees in medicine and law, often puts more pressure on a young professional's budget than their mortgage payment. When Scott realized the harsh reality his generation is facing, it dawned on him, why aren't more financial advisors offering a comprehensive service that is the root of the problem for the modern day professional? Shouldn’t there be an expert helping families get in front of this issue? This is how Mellen Money Management was born. With proper guidance, student loan borrowers and parents with college-bound kids gain the assurance necessary in order to maximize their financial resources across the board.
- Scott and his wife, Emily, reside in Nocatee with their daughter and 2 dogs, Daisy and Ollie
- Originally from Columbus, OH
- Big Ohio State Buckeyes fan
- Loves animals and spending time outdoors
- Enjoys playing tennis and basketball, or really anything sports related
Find me on LinkedIn